20 Comfortable Shoes For Standing All Day 2017
20 Most Comfortable Shoes For Standing All Day 2017When it comes to buying shoes, we tend to buy based on style over comfort and whatever is affordable within our budget. We never stop to think about how to choose the right shoes for our feet so that our feet won’t hurt. We also never stop and think about investing in our feet. It is only until our feet start to hurt that we start to ask questions. So before you go shopping for your next pair of cute or stylish shoes, allow for me to explain to you on what to look when you’re looking for those comfortable shoes for standing all day in.
How should I choose the best comfortable shoes for standing all day?The misunderstanding about shoes is that once the shoes feel good from the moment you try them on, you’ve thought you’ve found the most comfortable shoes for standing all day in. However, there are a few things that you need to take into consideration and ask yourself.
- Do you know how long the breaking period for shoes is and how to break them in?
- Did you even know that there is a break in period?
- Do you know how to inspect shoes properly to analyze how supportive the shoes are for your feet? Can the shoe accommodate an orthotic?
- What shoes can help with your pronation, or supination?
- Do you know how to select the proper width and shoe size for your foot?
- Do you know how to get the best fit for your arch setting?
Why are my current shoes so uncomfortable and what should I look for in new shoes?Let's start with your most uncomfortable shoes first. We’re first going to evaluate how much built-in support the shoe has.
- Pick up the shoe and try to bend it in half. If the shoe is easy to bend towards the center of the shoe, then you are not getting any lateral arch support. If the shoe is hard to bend, then there is lateral support.
- Now take the shoe and try to twist it. If the shoe can easily be twisted, then you don’t have any support to keep your foot stable.
- Next, check to see if you can remove the inner sole. If you can, once it’s out, check to see how flat and flimsy it is. More than likely, the inner sole is flat and very flimsy. This is a generic footbed with no arch support. If the foot bedding cannot be removed, then it will be difficult to accommodate an orthotic.
Top 10 Women's Comfortable Shoes for Standing All Day
1. New Balance 998 Women's Walking ShoeThis New Balance Women's walking shoe is a control walking shoe developed for all-day comfort. It features motion control and ROLLBAR stability technologies and ABZORB midfoot cushioning for comfort throughout the day. In addition, these New Balance walking shoes come with a padded tongue and a comfort foam collar to help protect your feet and ankle from rubbing. Not to mention, the rubber outsole is great for maximum outsole durability.
2. Brooks Ghost Running Shoe for Standing All DayThe Brooks Women’s Ghost running shoes are designed to handle your toughest training runs with total comfort. In addition, it provides a lightweight fit and feels with engineered air mesh and minimal weight throughout. Furthermore, the shoe’s 3D Fit Print overlays provide you with a more consistent, supportive fit. Not to mention, this BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning adapts to your stride for plush comfort underfoot, while flex grooves optimize forefoot flexibility.
3. MBT Rocker Bottom ShoesMBT makes it possible for you to add more movement to your everyday life. It aims to protect your back, knees, and muscles from harmful shock from walking on hard surfaces. So much, that its revolutionary footwear helps increase muscle activation and improves posture and balance. In addition, they keep your heels secured, straighten your back and legs, improve your posture and gait when walking. Not to mention, their unique Sensor Technology and Pivot Axis help reestablish your natural balance as you move through your day.
4. Ziera Innes Women's Strap SandalThis cute Ziera Innes is a comfortable sandal that is made for all-day wear and comfort.This comfortable sandal contours and cradles around your foot and heel while supporting your arches for maximum underfoot comfort. Not to mention, a super soft cow leather lining molds to your foot shape giving you maximum comfort. If you require additional support from over-the-counter arch support or orthotics, you can swap out the sandal's removable footbed for your orthotics. Finally, the rubber sole is flexible and durable.
5. Aetrex Jillian Women's Low Wedge SandalThis Aetrex Jillian is made with beautiful detailed adjustable straps that secure your feet from moving. In addition, a rear strap further secures your feet. Not to mention, each pair of Aetrex Jillian sandals come are made with a built-in Lynco orthotic footbed with memory foam cushioning for support, balance, and alignment. Finally, a met bar pod is added to help reduce the stress at the ball of your foot and Jillian its medial support pod helps minimize overpronation.
6. Dansko Ema Work Shoe for Standing All DayThe Dansko Emma is a versatile lace-up shoe that earns high marks for all-day comfort, support, and everyday style. This sleek Dansko shoe's contoured polyurethane footbed is made of memory foam which cradles your foot. Plus, its built-in arch support provides the support and comfort you need to keep you going through your busy days. However, if you require additional support from over-the-counter orthotics or arch supports, the shoes' insoles are removable for easy modifications.
7. Mephisto Prudy Sandal with Arch SupportThis Mephisto Prudy is a lightweight sandal featuring soft leather adjustable uppers and leather linings with adjustable hook and loop straps for a customized and secure fit. Mephisto’s revolutionary Soft-Air midsole minimizes the shock from walking, offering protection to your feet, relief for your joints, and back. In addition, its midsole is also breathable which enhances air circulation to ensure a healthier environment for your feet. There is no doubt this Mephisto sandal will keep you comfortable standing on your feet on every occasion.
8. Allrounder Women's Niro Casual SneakerThe Allrounder by Mephisto Women’s Niro is a cute, comfortable and stylish maryjane inspired by your outdoor sneaker. Its built with an adjustable heel strap and adjustable instep strap to give secured fit and ultimate comfort. It also features a soft mesh fabric lining, with a comfort insole designed to mold to your feet. Not to mention, the shoes' multi-grip rubber outsole provides great cushioning and traction for a variety of terrain. Furthermore, this comfortable shoe is perfect for those who have a passion for the outdoors as well as the sidewalks of the city.
9. Softwalk Meredith Nurse Shoe for Standing All DayThe Softwalk Meredith is a great shoe for the service professional who spend hours walking or standing on their feet. This Softwalk features a whole new bottom from Softwalk that is made with ultra lightweight and flexible EVA that returns energy with each step. In addition, the shoes' outstanding slip-resistant gripping rubber pad system provides traction and spring in every step. Not to mention, this Meredith features a dual-density footbed that keeps your feet and heels cushioned every step.
10. Aetrex Berries Strech Shoes for All-Dat ComfortThe Aetrex Berries gently conform to your foot, without any pressure or discomfort. By blending spandex, memory foam and colorful 4-way stretch fabrics the Aetrex Berries are not only comfortable but also good looking. In addition, Aetrex has added stylish accents and stitching for an extra element of style and sophistication. Just as importantly, Aetrex’s patented Mozaic insole is included to ensure 360 degrees of customized comfort for the ultimate footwear experience.
Top 10 Men's Comfortable Shoes for Standing All Day
1. New Balance 940 Men's Walking ShoeThis New Balance men's walking shoe is a control walking shoe developed for all-day comfort. It features motion control and ROLLBAR stability technologies and ABZORB midfoot cushioning for comfort throughout the day. In addition, this New Balance walking shoe comes with a padded tongue and a comfort foam collar to help protect your feet and ankle from rubbing. Not to mention, the rubber outsole is great for maximum outsole durability.
3. MBT Rocker Bottom ShoesMBT makes it possible for you to add more movement into your everyday life. It aims to protect your back, knees, and muscles from harmful shock from walking on hard surfaces. So much, that its revolutionary footwear helps increase muscle activation and improves posture and balance. In addition, they keep your heels secured, straighten your back and legs, improve your posture and gait when walking. Not to mention, their unique Sensor Technology and Pivot Axis help reestablish your natural balance as you move through your day.
4. Rockport World Tour Casual Walking ShoeThe World Tour is built using Rockport’s Walking Platform Construction which helps provide a wide base of support for your heel and adds forefoot. In addition, it's padded tongue and collar helps protect you from excessive rubbing and helps prevent blisters. Its full-grain leather conforms to your foot over time for a custom, comfortable fit and is easy to maintain.
7. Mephisto 990 Men's Running ShoeThe New Balance 990 is a full motion control shoe which means that it has built-in pronation and supination support as well as lateral arch support. This shoe keeps your foot from caving inwards which is the pronation and it keeps your foot from having an outward rolling motion which is the supination control. Also built into the New Balance 990 is a lateral arch support which helps keep the center of your foot from bending. All of these features built into a shoe will put less stress and fatigue on your feet to help you walk all day.
10. Dansko Viktor Slip-On Walking SneakerThis Dansko Viktor slip-on men's is perfect for everyday comfort. This men's shoe features water-resistant uppers, twin goring, removable outsoles, and slip-resistant outsoles. For one thing, its durable slip-resistant rubber outsole delivers maximum traction and stability.
best comfortable shoes for standing all day, which is why it’s best to get fitted for shoes by a fit specialist. In addition, every shoe brand runs differently in fit. When you get properly fitted for shoes such as what Lucky Feet Shoes offers with our free foot analysis, your foot is measured not only based on the length (heel to toe), but also based on your arch (heel to ball). That’s just the first step into selecting the most comfortable shoes for standing all day in. The second step is to have a fit specialist who understands how each shoe brand runs in size and width, help you get the best shoe for your foot based on what kind of daily activities are and evaluating your current foot conditions.