The Best Shoes for Morton's Neuroma in 2022
What is Morton’s Neuroma?
Morton’s neuroma occurs as the nerve passes under the ligament connecting the toe bones (metatarsals) in the forefoot. Morton’s neuroma most frequently develops between the third and fourth toes, usually in response to irritation, trauma or excessive pressure. The incidence of Morton’s neuroma is 8 to 10 times greater in women than in men.
Morton’s Neuroma Symptoms
How is Morton’s neuroma caused?
- Poorly fitted footwear can be a cause. Shoes that have a tight and narrow toe box can cause the never to become entrapped causing the pain.
- High heeled shoes abnormally place the metatarsals under extreme pressure which can cause Morton’s Neuroma.
- In cases of abnormal pronation, there can be significant motion between the 3rd and 4th metatarsals which can cause an irritation to the nerve that runs between them.
How is Morton’s neuroma treated?
Initial therapies are nonsurgical and can involve one or more of the following treatments:
- Changes in footwear. Avoid high heels or tight shoes, and wear wider shoes with lower heels and a soft sole. This enables the bones to spread out and may reduce pressure on the nerve, giving it time to heal.
- Orthotics. Custom shoe inserts and pads also help relieve irritation by lifting and separating the bones, reducing the pressure on the nerve.
- Injection. One or more injections of a corticosteroid medication can reduce the swelling and inflammation of the nerve, bringing some relief.
- Massaging the affected area can provide some momentary relief.
Several studies have shown that a combination of roomier, more comfortable shoes, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medication, custom foot orthoses and cortisone injections provide relief in over 80 percent of people with Morton’s Neuroma. If conservative treatment does not relieve your symptoms, your physician may discuss surgical treatment options with you.
free foot analysis
Best Shoes for Morton’s Neuroma
We carry a wide variety of shoes and sandals for Morton’s Neuroma to ease your discomfort in both casual and professional situations.
Many of the supportive shoes we carry have great support which reduces the pressure on the ball of your foot. Additionally, we carry shoes with cushioned soles that reduce the impact on your forefoot.
Best Arch Supports for Morton’s Neuroma
We carry a wide variety of shoes and arch supports for Morton's Neuroma online and in Southern California to fit your casual, professional, and athletic shoes.
Sovella S1000 Max Support Orthotic Arch Support
LFS-3000 Sport Neutral Arch Support
LFS-3500 Sport Neutral Arch Support with Met Pad
Sovella Dress Arch Supports
Sovella Dress Arch Supports with Met Pad
The best arch support for Morton’s neuroma will have good shock absorption and off load the pressure to the balls of your feet. We have over the counter arch supports and custom molded orthotics which help reduce the pain associated with Morton’s neuroma. Make an appointment today with a specialist to find out which Morton’s neuroma arch support is best for you!
Where to buy Arch Supports and Shoes for Morton’s Neuroma
At Lucky Feet Shoes, we carry a wide variety of arch supports and shoes for morton’s neuroma online and in Southern California. We fit customers with arch supports and shoes for heel spurs in Orange County, Inland Empire, Riverside, Temecula and Los Angeles County. Our stores in Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, San Dimas, Anaheim Hills, Temecula, Redlands, Palm Desert, Upland, and Long Beach. We invite you to stop by for a free foot analysis and try our arch supports and shoes for morton’s neuroma. In addition, we have a large selection of comfort shoes, wide shoes, walking shoes, running shoes, arch supports, and custom orthotics!