Reduce Bunion Pain with Comfortable Shoes
Can I reduce bunion pain with comfortable shoes?Yes, you can absolutely reduce bunion pain with comfortable shoes! Comfortable fitting shoes and shoe inserts may help relieve your bunion pain. But before we explain how comfortable shoes can help reduce your pain; first, understand what is causing your bunion.
What could have caused my bunion?There are many theories on how bunions are developed, but the precise cause of bunions is unknown. However, many experts speculate that bunions are caused by genetics, arthritis, over-pronation, repetitive stresses to the foot, and wearing poorly fitting shoes- especially shoes with a high heel, narrow, pointed toe box that forces the toes into an unnatural position. Above all, wearing shoes that are too tight and that don't fit properly are more than likely to make an existing bunion worse. Tight shoes are not the sole cause of bunions, but can certainly aggravate them.
What can I do about my bunions?All bunions are permanent unless surgically corrected. However, there are some measures you can take help reduce pain caused by bunions or slow your bunion’s progression. For many people, it may simply be a matter of wearing properly fitting shoes. As a matter of fact, you can certainly reduce bunion pain with comfortable shoes.
Quick tips to help reduce bunion pain
- Wear properly fitting shoes with wide tow boxes.
- Wear shoes with stretch mesh or canvas to accommodate bunions.
- Protect the bunion with a moleskin or a gel filled pad.
- Use shoe inserts (over-the-counter or custom) to help position the foot correctly.
- With your doctor’s permission, wear a splint at night to hold the toe straight and ease discomfort.
- Schedule a FREE FOOT ANALYSIS to have our staff measure your foot and fit you with an appropriate shoe.
Comfortable Bunion Shoes
|Arcopedico LS||Arcopedico Leina||Fidelio Vienna|
|Ziera Banner||Ziera Gummibear||Softwalk Meredith|
|New Balance 1080||Vionic Amber||Ziera Allsorts|