How Can I Improve my Weak Arches with Exercise?
Are you asking yourself, “how can I improve my weak arches?”
Have you ever experienced heel pain or foot pain without placing much stress on your feet? Have you noticed your arches ache when standing, walking or tiptoeing to reach for something? Don’t worry if you answered yes to most of these questions. It is estimated that 20-30% of the general population has an arch that never developed. Weak arches can be caused by injuries, not wearing proper shoes, or by hereditary factors. The most common symptoms of weak arches are back pain, leg pain, and burning pain throughout the arch and heel area. Keep reading if you have ever asked yourself, “how can I improve my weak arches with exercise?”
How can I improve my weak arches?
Weak arches can be alarming but you are not alone. If you have concerns regarding your weak arches, there are ways to strengthen your arches.
- Wearing proper shoes: wearing shoes with arch support is considered one of the most effective ways to improve weak arches.
- Avoid unhealthy shoes: avoid wearing over-used shoes, unfit shoes, flimsy shoes, flip flops, high heels, and dress shoes for long periods of time.
- Wearing supportive arch supports: custom arch supports help combat over-pronation and promotes better posture while standing, walking and running.
- Avoid becoming overweight: the more weight your feet support, the more pressure the bones, ligaments, and tendons are forced to withstand.
- Performing foot stretches
Which can exercises help my improve my weak arches?
With proper shoes and stretches, you can strengthen and restore your arches. Here are a few stretching exercises to help you strengthen your weak arches.
Stretch Your Calves
- Stand arm’s length from a wall and lean forward against the wall with one knee straight and your heel on the ground.
- Slowly and gently, bend the opposite knee forward, being sure to keep one knee straight and your heel on the ground.
- Hold the stretch for 15 to 30 seconds and release. Repeat three times.
- Reverse the position of your legs, and repeat.
Stretch Your Heel Cords and Foot Arches
- Find a strong and sturdy table. Lean forward onto the countertop, spreading your feet apart with one foot in front of the other.
- Bend your knees and squat down, keeping your heels on the ground as long as possible.
- Hold for 15 seconds, relax and straighten up. Repeat three times.
Which shoes are best for weak arches?
Which arch supports will provide the best support for weak arches?
|Lucky Feet Shoes Arch Support|
Where to Buy Best Shoes for Weak Arches
Come into any one of our stores, located in Anaheim Hills, Costa Mesa, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, San Dimas, Temecula, La Quinta and Palm Desert! Visit us today and try on a pair of comfortable shoes for weak arches! At Lucky Feet Shoes, we carry many comfortable shoes for weak arches: sandals, heels, wedges, booties and slippers; in any of our Southern California stores. If you are looking for comfortable shoes for weak arches footwear in Orange County, the Inland Empire, Los Angeles County, Temecula or Riverside; we have eight stores to serve you! Come and visit us today!
If you are looking for shoes for weak arches in Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Yorba Linda, Brea, Orange, Placentia, Costa Mesa, Santa Ana, Fullerton, Irvine, Villa Park or Tustin; then visit our store in Anaheim Hills or Costa Mesa.
If you are looking for shoes for weak arches in San Dimas, Glendora, Pomona, Covina, West Covina, La Verne, Azusa, Diamond Bar or Claremont; then visit our store in San Dimas.
If you are looking for shoes for weak arches in Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Upland, Fontana, Rialto, Chino, Chino Hills, Mira Loma, Eastvale, Colton or San Bernardino; then visit our store in Rancho Cucamonga.
If you are looking for shoes for weak arches in Riverside, Moreno Valley, Corona, Rubidoux, Loma Linda, Grand Terrace, Redlands or Norco; then visit our store in Riverside.
If you are looking for shoes for weak arches in the Temecula Valley, Murrieta, Fallbrook, Lake Elsinore, Wildomar, Hemet, San Jacinto, Pala, Sun City, Menifee, Canyon Lake, Perris, Bonsall or Anza; then visit our store in Temecula.
If you are looking for shoes for weak arches in Indio, Coachella, Thermal, Vista Santa Rosa, Valerie; then visit our store in La Quinta.
If you are looking for shoes for weak arches in Cathedral City, Thousand Palms, Palm Desert, Palm Springs, Desert Springs, Rancho Mirage or Bermuda Dunes; then visit our store in Palm Desert.
Request Your Personal Fitting
If you suffer from plantar fasciitis, then you know just how painful walking across the room — let alone the block — can be. It is clear that pain from this common foot ailment can have a negative impact on your quality of life and can hinder you from enjoying your daily activities. Things like […]
What is Plantar Fasciitis? How do you know you have plantar fasciitis? Most people are not familiar with plantar fasciitis until they experience heel pain or are diagnosed with this foot condition. You may first experience plantar fasciitis pain as soon as you stand up in the morning or after a long resting period. You may […]
Best Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis 2018 | Cute, Stylish & Comfortable Pain caused by Plantar fasciitis could be extremely painful. Especially when you don’t wear supportive shoes or sandals for plantar fasciitis. For one thing, unsupportive flat sandals don’t offer sufficient arch support and tend to strain the ligament in your foot that supports the […]